Thursday, February 12, 2009

How stages are made

Hello penguins!! Today, Happy77 interviewed a stage artist to find out how stages are made! Here's what she said:

We get lots of awesome comments from Penguins about productions at the Stage. Since Team Blue and Team Red face off tomorrow, (and since it's always cool to learn new stuff), I thought it'd be groovy-cool to talk to someone who works helping to draw the Stage sets.

Q: Do you just read the Stage scripts after they're written and then draw what you want?

A: We do them together. We draw as the writers are putting in ideas and suggestions.


Q: What's your favorite part of drawing for the stage?

A: Creating a whole tiny world in one room. Sometimes when I get into it, it feels like I'm actually in a fairy tale forest or in an old detective movie. It's so much fun!


Q: Have you ever drawn candy (or food) for any of the stages?

A: Well, I've drawn some alien beverages one time... but I try not to draw too much food, otherwise I'd get hungry!

As always, let us know what you think!!

No comments: